Friday, May 7, 2010

'Tater Salad


Did you ever hear that comedian do that bit about the person named Tater Salad? It's so funny to me and now I always think of that whenever I make potato salad. So now I make 'tater salad instead. Here's the recipe.

Fourth of July Potato Salad
This comes from that Down Home Cooking cookbook I told y'all about before. It is packed with great ideas. It's one of my favorite cookbooks--and I've got a lot of cookbooks.

9 c. potatoes, peeled and cooked 1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar 1/2 c. sour cream
2 tsp. sugar 1/4 c. half & half
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard 1/2 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 c. chopped celery
3/4 tsp. black pepper 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

While the potatoes cook, whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces. Stir into vinegar, let marinate 30 minutes. In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, and half & half. Fold into potatoes along with other ingredients. Cover and chill. Serves 8. Can be made a day ahead.


For all of y'all who have been unsuccessfully trying to follow me, I'm so sorry. Apparently there is some problem that is beyond my technical expertise (that doesn't take much). I'll try to get my tech support team (aka my husband) to work on that this weekend. Hang in there, I'll figure it out soon. I appreciate your patience since I'm new at this.

I'd better get going. I've got to go make a medieval chocolate cake for the birthday boy.

No comments: