Friday, May 28, 2010

On the Bookshelf


It's the last of the photos I've taken in the yard for the week. I'll try to have something different than flowers for next time, but they were just so pretty I couldn't help but share. This clematis is from the trellis in the front of my house. Poor little thing, I nearly killed it last year. I got a little "prune happy" and thought I'd lop off all the dead looking parts. Apparently this clematis turns woody on the old growth. The whole thing came off. There was just a nub left. It decided to give me another chance and I promised it I would leave the pruning shears for the roses.

Today I thought I'd take a minute to share a few books that I refer to over and over. They help keep me organized, grounded, and sane. Maybe you can sneak a little information into your summer reading. They're all oldies, but they're oh so goodies.

* Disciplines of a Beautiful Woman, Ann Ortlund (getting yourself together)
* Simply Organized, Emilie Barnes (getting your home together)
* Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, Sarah Ban Breathnach (I don't agree with everything she has to say, but there's some great stuff in there, and wonderful quotes)

No comments: