Monday, November 1, 2010

A Little Quick Comfort

It's turned into another busy day and I'm behind on my posting. I'll have to get back with you on the menus for the week, but here's a plan for supper tonight--Quick Comforting Chicken, Biscuits, Fried Apples. Also, I'm planning to make some muffins and some cookies today, they're both new recipes. I'll let you know tomorrow how they turn out.

Quick Comforting Chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 c. cooked carrots
1/4 c. butter
1 (15 oz.)can of whole potatoes
1 c. whipping cream
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion, and carrots in butter until chicken is browned. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the cream, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Serves 4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm all over this chicken recipe...Sunday afternoon...can't wait! Love you