Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Are You Chicken?


I've got a couple more pictures from my travels today. This was a side road we took when heading to a store. I sure do love my GPS. It allows me to take backroads I never knew existed and still let me know where I am. (And it tells me where restaurants are so I don't have to eat at 50 interstate McDonald's on a trip.)

I also wanted to share the recipe we had for supper last night. It's a chicken casserole that I thought I'd given you before, but I didn't see it when I went through the search menu. Oh well. Even if I gave it to you before, I've done some tweaking on it, so it won't be quite the same. For the noodles, I use a fine, small noodle, almost like a vermicelli. It makes all the difference in the world. You could also use angel hair, just break it up into small pieces.

Chicken Noodle Casserole

1 can cream of celery soup
1 6 oz. pkg noodles, cooked (remember, small ones)
1 can evaporated milk
3 c. chopped, cooked chicken
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. chopped onion (or generous sprinkling of onion powder)
1/2 c. bread crumbs, divided (I use italian seasoned)
1 tsp. season salt

Mix soup and evaporated milk (you may need to add some regular milk) to equal 4 cups. Add all but 1/4 c. crumbs. Pour into 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. crumbs. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 6-8.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Kelly! and thanks for the recipe you know I will try it! Will also know not to let Jordan go out and play on Sunday morning...bull whip haha!

Kelly Mac said...

...and always check behind them to see what's in their take along bag!