Thursday, April 22, 2010

What's for Supper

Hello there! It's another beautiful day here in the South. I'm going to revel in days like these because I know the heat is coming. I have a little squash on the vine in my garden. It's only big enough for Barbie to eat at this point but I'm excited. I love it when the vegetables start coming out. I have a couple of baby tomatoes too. The tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers are all full of blooms. (I'm making myself hungry.)

Speaking of hungry, here's the recipe for supper tonight. Sometimes you need a little something spicy to get you through your week. It's not one I make often, but crave it ever so often. I'm not really a chicken wing kinda girl, but this gives me the same sort of flavor.

Buffalo Shrimp
The recipe calls for fresh shrimp but I'm going to use the frozen, deveined kind to make life easier and save myself a step.

Vegetable oil for frying 1/8 tsp. paprika
1/4 c. butter 12 large uncooked, large shrimp
1/4 c. hot sauce 1 egg, beaten
Dash of black pepper 1/2 c. milk
Dash of garlic powder 1 c. all-purpose flour

Combine butter, hot sauce, and spices in a small pan over low heat. Cut shell off shrimp except for the tails; remove the vein and fan out. Combine egg with milk in a small bowl. Put flour in another bowl. Dredge shrimp, one at a time, in the egg mixture and then in the flour. Put in fridge 10 minutes. Heat the oil to 375 degrees, deep enough to cover the shrimp completely. Fry shrimp for 7 to 10 minutes, until the tails turn brown. Drain on paper towels. Place in a large bowl; add sauce and gently turn to toss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're the best ever - miss you!
deb :)

Kelly Mac said...

Miss you too. Can't wait for our semi-annual shopping extravaganza!