Tuesday, December 28, 2010

State of Play

What do you get when you cross a hockey stick, a nerf gun, a pair of dress-up shoes, a pop-up hunting blind and some Disney Princess doll furniture? A better idea of what my living room looks like. And a better understanding of why it's taking me longer to get around to my posts these days. With all the kids home from school, there's a lot of playing going on. At the moment, my computer desk has been invaded by pirates (that's their skeleton flag in the picture).

I've spent a good bit of the morning playing dolls. Meredith would go to her room and bring out another doll and say she'd had another baby. Finally after about six dolls she declared in a very tired voice, "My baby-making brain is broken so I'm all done havin' kids."

So sorry if I'm off my schedule, but I'm a bit busy burping babydolls, playing board games and being shot with an endless supply of Nerf darts. I know you'll understand. And I know how important it is to enjoy this time that I'm still a sought after playmate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to try the new recipes!! happy new year!! J