Friday, December 17, 2010

HE Knows Where You Are Sleeping

I was reading my Bible, where Paul experiences his conversion, and saw something I wanted to share with you all.

Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
And the Lord said to him, "Get up and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying."
Acts 9:10-11


There's more to the story, but what I want us to stop and think about were the directions that God gave to Ananias. He gave him Paul's street address! He even told him what was going on in the house.

We really do have someone who knows if we've been sleeping or knows if we're awake. It's not some vague knowledge of our existence. He knows the very street we live on, what's going on in the house.

Sometimes that's a sobering thought. Maybe if I stopped to consider it, I'd change my attitude for the day or spend a little more time on the things that are truly important.

Other times it is such a comfort. Life is spinning out of control, we're struggling. He sees that too. And we don't have to send some letter and hope it reaches the North Pole, we just have to stop and pray to the One who is already well aware of the situation.

He's dropped by the house and seen it.

1 comment:

Jennalane said...

great insight and a needed reminder. Hope you and yours are healthy and enjoying this last week before Christmas. Love ya