Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Week


This is going to be a really busy week for me. My babies start school at the end of the week! I can't believe it's here already. They'll be flown the nest. We are packed with the usual back-to-school activities. I've also got my PTO duties to take care of. We had a great teacher breakfast this morning. Now for two open houses and a kindergarten breakfast. A hectic week calls for non-fussy food. I need easy but yummy.

Monday--Layered Enchilada Bake, Corn, Salad
Tuesday--Spiced Chicken with Tangerine Sauce, Rice, Green Peas
Wedesday--Grilled Steak, Twice Baked Potatoes, Salad, Vegetable Medley
Thursday--Meatball Subs, chips, jello salad
Friday--Out to eat to celebrate the first day of school
Saturday--Homemade pizza
Sunday--leftovers

Layered Enchilada Bake
I think this one came from Kraft, but I can't promise. I thought it sounded good. We'll spice things up at the beginning of the week. I haven't tried it yet, we'll experiment together.

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 c. salsa
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 c. italian dressing
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
6 flour tortillas
1 c. sour cream
1 pkg. mexican four cheese, shredded

Line a 13x9 baking dish with foil, with ends of foil extending over dish; set aside. Brown meat with onions in a large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add salsa, beans, dressing, and chili powder; mix well. Arrange 3 of the tortillas in a single layer on bottom of dish; cover with layers of half meat mixture, sour cream, and cheese. Repeat all. Cover with foil.

Cook now-Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve. Makes 8 servings.

Cook later-Freeze assembled uncooked casserole for up to 3 months. Preheat oven, bake, covered, 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.

3 comments:

Debra Ganas said...

That sounds delicious. I will definitely be trying this. I know it will be a keeper. I have been cooking more here lately. But Kelly , you have got me beat.
My Heather registered for college today. Don't blink or one of your babies will be doing the same thing.lol
Have a great week. And do something just for yourself.

Debra

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I am going to use this for my main dish cooking class!! : ) Joey

Kelly Mac said...

I'm glad y'all like it. It was really yummy. I added extra cheese. I used refried beans instead of black beans. (That way they don't notice the fiber.)