Friday, August 27, 2010

Late for Our Date

Sorry I'm behind today...and that I messed up. I went to visit with some friends at our friend Louise's house today. Her yard is beyond amazing. And she can make or create anything. For instance, she was showing us a beautiful picture frame today. She'd bought it at a yard sale for 25 cents and it was missing a whole portion of its ornate frame. You'd never have known it because she took wood putty, molded it, and made it look exactly the same. My plan was to take pictures and share some images from her house. Guess who forgot their camera! Yep, not a single picture of her wonderful plants or treasures. Instead I'm sharing a picture of one of my roses after our rain shower. It reminds me of a song we used to sing at church--"I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses..."


And here's a picture of one of my boys with their new toys--compound bows for the archery team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your neighbors had better watch for arrows ! What happened to the three small children you had? This young man has to be a teenager. Love to all, Rebecca.

Kelly Mac said...

No teenagers yet, don't wish that on me. As for the neighbors, I think they're safe. They've got big square targets that stop their arrows. Plus, they're amazingly accurate shots.