Monday, June 13, 2011

Updates and Uglies

First off, my comment problems are fixed. Hooray! In fact, the comment part is working better than ever. So now I need lots of comments.



Also, did you visit Pink Saturday this weekend? If you did, you saw that our friend LV from http://livinatmemescorner.blogspot.com/ was featured. How great to see her honored in that way. She always offers such sweet encouragement to the rest of us. Did you know that the LV stands for LaVoice? I bet her mama was hoping for a singer. Can you sing Miss LV?



My mom was also fond of unusual names. Her plan was to name me Cherokee Rose. Thankfully (I think) fate intervened and I ended up plain old Kelly. I just can't imagine someone saying, "Cherokee, where'd you put my socks?"



If you want to check out the post on LV you can do so at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/




Now for the ugly. One of my vegetable boxes, the one filled with garlic and asparagus, keeps having a spider web in the corner. I keep attempting to knock it down, but to no avail. It's the toughest thing you've ever seen. The spider went one step further and began pulling down the asparagus ferns to use as cover. I knew I had a formidable foe.


I just didn't know how formidable she actually was. Or big. This past week while I was watering she ran out when I got her web wet. She was a


Big


Black


Widow





Nasty, nasty, nasty. Spiders are not my favorite. I called my expert (a.k.a. oldest son Jack) and he spied three egg sacks. Sure enough, all these little black widows came out. We have since established an arachnid eradication program. At least in my vegetable boxes.



On that creepy note, let's think about food.



Monday--Seven Layer Dip, tortilla chips

Tuesday--Roast, potatoes, carrots, rolls

Wednesday--Turkey Salad, croissants, sliced cucumbers

Thursday--Creamy Chicken & Pesto Pasta, tossed salad, rolls

Friday--out to eat

Saturday--homemade pizza

Sunday--leftovers

2 comments:

Jennalane Photography said...

hey Kelly! love the new look of your blog. I have been unable to blog lately due to the bog of items o my plate, ie:Tournament, birthdays, etc. I have some things in mind to post, like a video of me and my neice Sydney doing a special number in church. so please stay tuned!
Love ya

Kelly Mac said...

Can't wait!