Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, Monday


I thought I'd share a few more pictures with you today. Everything's really blooming, despite the heat. My poor grass is dying. I really should be watering the yard, but I haven't gotten that far. I keep hoping for a good shower or two, I've yet to get my wish. My yard needs the kind of soaking we get when there's a tropical storm off the coast. Isn't that first one supposed to be named Arlene? Arlene, where are you? I could use a good sprinking.




Jack told me he didn't think I should've planted those black-eyed susan seeds a couple of years ago. We keep having them pop up all over. He said they're getting to be like weeds. If these are my weeds, I'm happy to have them.



This rose bush only puts out a few at a time. The ones that do bloom are very big and last long. I'm not sure of its name.




I don't have a clue what this one is either. It's one of my pretty rescue plants. Lowe's always has a rack with $1.00 plants that are about dead and out of season. I take that as a personal challenge. I've found losts of great stuff on that rack. And 9 times out of 10 the plants bounce back with just a little attention.








I was taking a picture of one of my butterfly bushes for you. This particular bush is right next to a pink seven sisters rose and they kind of twirl together in a pretty display (a.k.a a wild jumble). I was going to take a picture so you could see it, but the butterfly bush's flower looked so pretty up close I thought I'd share that instead. Each blossom is like a little field of flowers. No wonder the butterflies and bees love it so much.




We went for a ride yesterday to a farmstand in a nearby town for some of their homemade peach ice cream. Peaches are coming into season here. I picked a few other vegetables too. Tonight I'm making a peach cobbler. Yum.




Monday--Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Sauteed Squash, Rice, Stewed Tomatoes, Rolls, Peach Cobbler


Tuesday--Cheeseburger Pie, Corn, Salad


Wednesday--Grilled Pork Chops, Creamed Peas and Potatoes, Rolls, Sliced Tomatoes


Thursday--Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Homemade Bruscetta


Friday--Turkey Salad, Croissants, Southern Cucumbers


Saturday--Homemade Pizza


Sunday--Leftovers







No comments: