Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do Guinea Pigs Oink?

Maybe they just squeal with delight. Oh ye of little faith, I knew the chicken pudding would be a good one. Did you trust me? No, I had to go first. How could y'all doubt me in the kitchen?

Seriously though, it was very good. It got rave review from all the little guinea pigs as well. For all you southerners, it tastes a lot like chicken and dressing. See, nothing to be afraid of. Next time, I would increase the poultry seasoning by 1/2 a teaspoon. It had a good mild flavor, but you know I like things a little bolder than that. It'd just be a matter of preference. This is a good comfort food recipe and makes a big batch. Below are some pictures so you can see how it turned out.


After boiling your chicken, you'll have A LOT of broth. The recipe uses 6 cups (you'll need a big bowl to pour it into) and I filled another container with probably 4 more cups.


This is how the hoecake part looked after I baked it. I just rolled it out right on the cookie sheet to the desired thickness. Keep an eye on it in the oven, I had to take mine out a few minutes early.


Give the chicken and hoecake pieces a good mix in the pan before you add the broth.


Here's the finished product. Yummy, yummy.

Guinea pigs rule the world. =)

No comments: