Thursday, September 30, 2010

Singing

I read John 10:10 yesterday, where Jesus says, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Now the life part is easy to understand, it's the "to the full" that can be harder to comprehend. I've been ruminating on that one. I can tell you what it isn't. It isn't being busy that makes life full, activities don't add up to fullness. It isn't things. You can't buy enough stuff or get a house big enough to make you full inside. No, I think that God puts a song in each of our hearts, the life we are created to live, and those who have life to the full are those who are unafraid to sing it out loud. May we all choose to sing today the beautiful music of our maker's song.

Today I am thankful that I took the time to sit still and listen.
I'm thankful that He loves me, even though I sing off key.
I'm thankful that I've come to the place where I can stop comparing my song to everyone elses.
I'm thankful for lunches with friends and how they do wonders for the soul.

No comments: