Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Raining Cats and Dogs...Tigers and Elephants

That's my way of saying that it's really coming down at my house this morning. It reminds me of a verse in Ezekiel, "I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing." That's in Ezekiel 34:26. Since we're already at it, I'll give you another. Deuteronomy 32:2 says, "Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like the dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants."

I want to be sure and give a great big thank you to all who visited for Pink Saturday and for our new friends who decided to follow us. It was especially nice of them considering that my pink post didn't include any pink for most of the day. I'm not quite sure where that picture got off to, I know I put it on there, I guess it needed a little break. So next Saturday I'll have to post a new picture and stand guard that it doesn't wander off.

Now, what's for supper at our house this week? Here's what I've got cooking--
Monday--spaghetti, salad, garlic bread (brownies for dessert)
Tuesday--Skillet Chicken, stewed tomatoes and rice, steamed vegetables, biscuits
Wednesday--Meatballs in Brown Gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, rolls
Thursday--Chick-Fil-A (school fundraiser)
Friday--roast pork, green bean casserole, creamed corn, rolls
Saturday--homemade pizza
Sunday--leftovers

Well it's still raining here. I'm off to do chores and then go visit with my mom and aunts. But before I go, I wanted to leave you with one final thought. May we each choose today to listen to the wisdom that falls around us. May it renew us, and may we be tender and teachable. Hope your week is off to a great start.