Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wanna Swap?


I'm in the mood to do something a little different...and apparently in the mood for something crafty. I want to try a swap. For those of you who know me well, that'll be a surprise. I can be crafty and I am (surprise to myself) good at the stuff I do. I am just the most procrastinating crafty person there is. I have all these crafty intentions, even put it on my 'to do' list everyday. And that's where it stays. To do. (Although I DID make something the other day I'll have to show y'all in another post that's a little strange and a lot adorable.)

So I'm calling on all of you (and others you want to tell) to let's try somethings new. No matter if you're crafty or artistic or just in the mood for a challenge.

Here's what I'm calling it: SPRING CLEANING SWAP/CHALLENGE Rules:


  1. Go through all those things you've collected to create with but haven't got around to.

  2. Get one of those small 'all you can cram in for one price' boxes at the post office.

  3. Fill it with all the bits you want to use in the swap/challenge--anything, everything.

  4. Here's the twist (and the challenge). You're getting back your stuff. The person who receives the box has to take the materials they find and create something with it. And don't worry, the things in the picture above aren't necessarily the things I'd send you. They're just a few random things I pulled from my craft cabinet.

  5. They mail it back to you. This way, you know you'll love the colors/style of what you get because they are things you picked out. You don't have to use the same size box to mail it back in and you can add something from your craft closet to complete the project if needed.

  6. You get the fun of having something made for you that you never got around to and in a way that you wouldn't have thought to do.

  7. You get the challenge of creating (in a time limit to prod us procrastinators) from a box of unexpected materials. It'll stretch your craftiness and your imagination.

So what do you say? You'll have until May 1st to let me know you want in on the swap. On May 1st I'll email you with your address. Box up your supplies and send them out right away. You'll have until June 1st to return your box.


Clean out those supplies and start making a pile of stuff to use.


Prepare to 'think outside the box'.


I'll try to get my techno guru (help Jen!) to work on a swap button we can post.


Visit the other people at http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/ and see what crazy ideas they've come up with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea. Count me in. Vintagefriend

Gypsea Nurse said...

Kelly~how much fun!!!

Made By Gen said...

A fun thing to do.. Visiting from Rednesday...mine is up.