Monday, October 25, 2010

Something So Good

Today I thought I'd give you a peek at my marigold's. They are African marigolds that I started from some seeds last year that were given to me by a farmer that lives just down the road. They grown very tall and numerous. To give you an idea, that's one of my peach trees that it's growing around. They've only just begun. They'll be as tall as me, which really isn't saying much since I'm on the short side, but they're pretty just the same.



I'm not giving you the whole menu for the week. I need to go to the grocery store today, so I'm undecided on one night's plan and for what I'm taking to our church dinner on Sunday. Any suggestions? Here's what I've got so far this week--

Monday--Glazed Apple Pork Medallions, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Oatmeal Rolls

Tuesday--Tacos, salad, fresh fruit

Wednesday--Chicken Pot Pie, applesauce

Thursday--Cheesy Tomato Bacon Soup, Cuban Sandwiches

Friday--?

Saturday--homemade pizza

Sunday?

The pork recipe is one I'm playing with tonight. If all turns out well, I'll share pictures and the recipe tomorrow.

I was getting ready for church yesterday morning and my five year old was sitting on my bed talking to me and looking at a jewelry catalog (start 'em right, start 'em young). She was pretending to sell me things out of the catalog. She came to something thing and said, "This pink one is so pretty it just wears me out." Excuse me? I thought that was funny. I hope this day is filled with something so good it wears you out!

No comments: