Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This Week's Recipes

Mini Meatloaves

This one I found in a Taste of Home magazine many years ago. It was one of the first recipes I tried after I got married and it's been a favorite at our house ever since. Last night, for my diet, I substituted ground oatmeal for the breadcrumbs so I wouldn't use any flour. I could tell a little difference, but it wasn't a bad swap at all.

2 eggs, beaten 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 c. breadcrumbs 1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 c. milk 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese 2 lbs. hamburger meat
1/4 c. chopped onion 1/4 c. ketchup (I never measure, just squirt some on each one to cover)

In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. Add hamburger and blend well. Shape into 10 loaves. Pour a large dot of ketchup on each. Sprinkle each with additional Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Bake on a rack in a greased shallow pan for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees.


I'll have to come back and add the other recipes later. Happy cooking.

No comments: