Monday, March 29, 2010

A Little Outside Time


Okay, I know I just posted something this morning, but I thought there was something worth sharing. Meredith (my five year old) and I were outside. She was playing around while I was doing a little weeding. What I need to do is a lot of weeding but that's another post.

Meredith's new favorite thing is to say "Pretend...okay?" She thinks of a million things to pretend and fill in those dots with. The thing is, you have to say "okay" with every question. Not so fun after a few hours. We were out there and she was pretending to be a mom named C and it was her daughter's birthday. I asked what she was doing and she told me she was picking some flowers to put on the table of her house because flowers always show extra love.

I thought that was a fairly wise statement for an imaginary woman named after a letter of the alphabet. I told her I liked her idea and we promptly picked some real flowers to put on our real table to show some extra love too. So there's my thought worth sharing--put some flowers on the table for your family and show some extra love. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, mine are just some azaleas and bridal wreath in a mason jar. But to me, that good, simple kind of love is the best.

No comments: