Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Bumble Bee


After we got home from church this morning, the kids went digging in the costume drawer and pulled out the bumble bee outfit and proceeded to wear it for most of the day. Meredith buzzed all around the house and out in the yard despite the warm weather. It was rather puzzling to me. What in the world made her want to be a bee on Easter? I don't really know the answer to that, but it did get me thinking. Every time she "flew" past me it reminded me of something I'd read.

I Corinthians 15:55-57 says, "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." On this Easter Sunday as we pause to think on all Christ has done for us, it is a good thing to remember that death has lost its sting. Maybe an Easter bumble bee is not such a bad idea. We might even have to pull that costume out again next year!

No comments: