Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To Do Tuesday

Yesterday was a great day, spending time with family, grilling, swimming. We were the most decorated house around. Jon went all out with the flags--at the entrance to the driveway, on the porch, and a big one hanging from the house. He really tries to make Memorial Day special and I'm glad for that. We have many in our family that serve or have served, including my husband.




Here are a few shots from around the yard so you can see how things are looking these days. Being sick, they've blooming despite my lack of her. Nothing to do with a green thumb these days. At times like these, I'm glad I've planted mostly perennials in my beds. Last summer they didn't get much attention and it looks like this summer's shaping up to be the same.





The tomatoes are looking good. We've been eating the cherry tomatoes in salads but yesterday we got our first big tomatoes out of the garden. How nice to have home-grown tomatoes on a burger. Yum!


There are lots of peppers too. Jack kept bringing them home from school from his FFA teacher. This will be the year of the salsa.







Another shot of the Queen Anne's Lace. I just love it, so dainty. The flowering tobacco, whose leaves you can see in the background, shot up to towering heights while I wasn't feeling well. I'll have to get a picture of that for you. It's taller than me, although sadly, we missed most of its blooms.


Now what about menus? I didn't get to it yesterday, but I figured you all already had plans for the day. Here's how the rest of my week is coming together.


Tuesday-Grilled pork chops, asparagus with cheese sauce, leftover potato salad, rolls

Wednesday-Chicken pot pie, applesauce

Thursday-Noodle soup, rolls, fruit salad

Friday-Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, sliced tomatoes, green beans, rolls

Saturday-Homemade pizza

Sunday-leftovers


Have a great week!









2 comments:

Eileen said...

I am a great lover of Queen Anne's Lace, too ~ it's just so delicate and pretty. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read
this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this
article. I want to read even more things about it!
Look into my site :: drum tobacco