Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pink Saturday Special

Hi there. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. That pneumonia really knocked me for a loop. I've had it before, but this one was rough.


Being sick, I missed lots of posts, like Mother's Day. I thought for this Pink Saturday post I would share some of the things that Meredith's class did for Mother's Day. It's all very 'pink' since that's her favorite color.



They invited us to a Mother's Day brunch which was fun. They sang lots of cute songs and served us breakfast casserole and pound cake with fresh strawberries. When I was walking to the class, the wall outside was lined with portraits the kids had made of their moms.



Wanna see me?





I look like I've been to the Tammy Faye Baker School of Cosmetology. At least my accessories match my outfit.




This is the placemat that we had at our table. There's a picture she painted and a description of her mom. Can you read what it says?




"My mother's name is Kelly. My mother is 38 years old. My mother weighs 700 pounds. My mother's favorite food is salid. My mother liks to shop. My mother loves me because I am a prinsas."

How did I get to be 700 pounds eating all that "salid"?








The card says that I'm as pretty as a ladybug and that I'm smart because I can add big numbers. One good thing, I'm always smiling.

Hope you have lots to smile about this weekend. Be sure to check out all the participants at Beverly's Pink Saturday anniversary. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

9 comments:

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

OMG!!! 700 pounds eating salid??? Glad I read this cause maybe cake might not be so bad for us after all!!!
I just love how delish these kiddies are when they are young- so very precious! I especially love your portrait.
Happy Pinkalicious Saturday !!
Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies

Jennifer Scull said...

hope you are soon feeling much better. the pneumonia is probably what led to you weighing 700 lbs! grins! but I am wanting a pair of earrings just like those! adorable! :) you will treasure that drawing forever.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Happy PS! I love this post! And that drawing is priceless!
Smiles~
C

Barbara F. said...

First time I am visiting your blog! I popped over from Beverly's Pink Saturday, where that is my first PS post. Glad you are feeling better. This post was adorable!!!!!! xo,

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Kelly Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful Pink share today. I am sitting here reading and just laughing in my heart. Oh sweetie, I have got to stop eating salad, no wonder I am not able to lose any weight. Who would have thought?

Oh sweetie be so careful with that pneumonia. That is what put me in the hospital last year for 10 days, 5 of those in ICU. They told me if I had waited one more day I would have been on the respirator. It took me almost 5 more months to get back on my feet, and as a result of all of the coughing, that is how I lost most of speaking voice. It is horrible. I am right there with you. I will be saying some extra prayers for you sweet one. Please, please take care of yourself.

Hope you have some fun planned for this Memorial weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Dear Tammy Faye -- My I please ask what brand of mascara do you prefer? And I'd love for yours to draw a picture of me, such drama, such colors, it is so me --- You make me laugh -- Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com hope you are feeling better

LV said...

Even when we feel bad, an event like this makes things better. Great memories and treasures. Trust all is well with you today.

Olive Tree said...

Did your daughter say you like to hop? That is too cute! Happy Pink Saturday to you and have a wonderful weekend with your family. Hope you feel much better soon. Pneumonia is not a joke, I'm sure you'll be happy to get rid of it.

Anonymous said...

awww...the sweetest post ever. : ) J