Monday, March 28, 2011

Rainy Day in Georgia

We've gotten over 4 inches of rain at my house in the last 48 hours. I guess I won't be working out in the yard today. I'd have to swim to the vegetable boxes. I'm thankful for the rain. We needed it.

Since it's a dreary, rainy day I thought I'd make some soup for supper. That's something quick and easy, which is nice because I have lots of cleaning up to do from the weekend. How can five people make such a mess when we were hardly at home?

If you need extra inspiration to get going this morning, check out Aunt Ruthie's (no she's not really my aunt, that's just what she calls herself) Sugar Pie Farmhouse blog. She's in my list of favorites on the right. It was extra good today and just what I needed to get me going this morning.

What else are we having besides soup? Let's think on it.

Monday--Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, rolls, fresh strawberries
Tuesday--Taco Salad
Wednesday--Baked Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Rolls
Thursday--Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
Friday--Grilled Sausage, Mac & Cheese, Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Saturday--Homemade Pizza
Sunday--Leftovers

Chicken Noodle Soup Express
I have to double this recipe for my family. The kids really like it and eat seconds, sometimes thirds. Plus, it makes a good lunch the next day.

3 1/2 c. chicken broth
pepper to taste
1 carrot, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 c. uncooked egg noodles
1 c. cubed, cooked chicken

Mix broth, pepper, carrot and celery in a pot. Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles and chicken. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Serves 4.

No comments: