Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love...Keeps No Record of Wrongs

For those of you who might be getting tired of my "preachin'", hold on--we're over halfway done. In the immortal words of the ponytailed infomercial man, "You can do it!" And just for you, I'll add a recipe down at the bottom.

Love keeps no record of wrongs? Then what am I supposed to do with this book I made!?! I even made it look fancy with all that scrapbook stuff so it'd be more pleasant as I went back to check it out over...and over...and over...

No, I don't really have a book. But seriously, I bet there are people who would've done that if they just thought of it first.

It is in our nature to make a mental note of everything people do to offend us or hurt our feelings. That's why God had to make sure to tell us that love does the opposite.

I still remember something my nephew did one night. Josiah was in bed calling out that he had an ache. Deb asked, "Where do you hurt?" His answer--"My feelings."

That always makes me smile. 'Cause truth be told, we've all lain there with that ache.

And when we're lying there it's hard not to bring out the mental notebook and start writing down wrongs. So why shouldn't we?

Do we really want someone dragging out their laundry list against us? Didn't think so.

Let's look for just a minute at Psalm 130:3. "If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?" I don't want to make a list because I don't want to see that list.

I'm thankful for Job 14:15-16. "Surely then you will count my steps but not keep track of my sin. My offenses will be sealed up in a bag; you will cover over my sin."

God puts my offenses in a bag. That struck me as kind of funny. Although it might take a big bag. I mess up on a daily basis. Did I say daily? I meant hourly.

So let's try His way. Get yourself a Ziploc bag (remember it's got to be sealable). Label it 'Faults'. Next time your husband gets on your nerves or does something you don't like or forgets to compliment your hairdo, tell it in the bag. Close it up.

Guess what you end up with? Nothing but a lot of hot air. Hmmm...

Now for a recipe. Don't knock it 'til you try it. They were all scared to death last night when I served this. Turns out they liked it. My husband even asked for seconds. I love it. Spinach is my new thing. I can't seem to get enough.

Sauteed Spinach
You'll need a big pan. The raw spinach will fill it up. Don't worry though, it reduces down to a small amount.

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 10 oz. bag spinach
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add spinach; cover and let cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic salt, cook 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with cheese.

1 comment:

Only_by_the_grace_of_the_amazing said...

..thanks Kel...and for the "record"..lol...(no pun intended).. I could never get tired of your "preachin'"...luv ya