Friday, September 16, 2011

What's in There?

Here are some verses that I came across yesterday morning during my quiet time. I love it when I find a verse that really speaks to me and then flip somewhere else and find another that goes along with it. It's like God is saying, "You like that one? Come check out this one I've got." And then we're off on a study together. Ever have times like that? Well, this is the result of mine.

II Chronicles 3:16-17 "I have chosen and consecrated this temple sa that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there."

Thank You Lord that, just like in the temple of old, Your Holy Spirit dwells in believers today.

II Corinthians 6:16 "...For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they will be my people.'"

How amazing and sobering to know that in us too will always be Your eyes and Your heart. You are always seeing what I do with the life You've given me, and You can also see my intents and my thoughts. Maybe if I thought more on the fact then I'd be more careful and purposeful in my actions. If I really stopped and thought about that I'm going to do this or say this or even think this with God watching, would I still be willing to go ahead with it?

Not only that, but in us is the very heart of God. From it all my motivations and ultimately my actions should flow. That's how His church grows and He reaches out to the world, when someone like you or me, with a heart full of His love, tells someone else or teaches or meets a need. It takes His eyes to see and His heart to love but He uses my hands to accomplish and my feet to go.

I Corinthians 3:16-17 "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."

A sacred temple. When was the last time I looked in the mirror and thought of that? This side of never. How do I care for this sacred temple? Am I neglecting it or abusing it with my habits and eating choices and thus bringing destruction on myself? I'm feeling a little conviction on that one.

I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

No comments: